Dell U2715H Analyzed
There are a number of 27 inch monitors out there for PCs. Not all of them are really up to snuff. In fact plenty of them fall short of the job they were built to perform. But I’m not here to tell you about the sub-par tech out there. I’m here to inform you of the real hot stuff that you might want to consider investing your hard-earned cash in and the Dell UltraSharp U2715H is just that.
The feature that makes the U2715H really shine is the screen’s high resolution. After all, the one thing we must demand from our monitors is that the screen is superb.
The resolution is 2,560 x 1,440 pixels which offers an “ultrasharp” viewing experience. I guess that’s why they named it that, clever Dell!
In fact many claim this monitor stands up to the standard iMac display, which really is saying a lot.
Well let’s get into the specs of this guy.
Often when laying out the specs for tech products I try to find the easiest way to tell you most about the monitor, information that is actually useful. I could tell you the Dynamic Contrast Ratio is 2 million:1 and the Brightness is 350 cd/m2 but that tells you nothing when you’re trying to find out what monitor is the best for gaming and watching your favorite flick especially when you’re not a techie.
Here’s the simple, important data:
- Weight is 23 pounds with a 27 inch viewable monitor (obviously)
- The screen display is backlit by LED
- The screen has an antiglare coating
- With 2,560 x 1,440 resolution you’re going to get a wicked sharp picture
- The U2715H comes with a height-adjustable stand that tilts and pivots with a built-in cable management system
Your connectivity looks like this:
- 2 HDMI ports-1 Mini DisplayPort
- 1 DisplayPort
- 1 DisplayPort out
- 1 Audio Line out (for your speakers to connect to)
- 5 USB 3.0 ports – Downstream (for flashdrives, printers, etc.)
- 1 USB 3.0 port
- Upstream (for connection straight to another computer or a USB hub)
What’s The Dell UltraSharp U2715H Good For?
Because of the high-resolution screen you’re looking at a monitor that is good all around whether for home or office use, medical office use, for video editing, photo editing, watching movies, code writing and of course gaming. The U2715HM is especially great for gaming because some PC games are the only thing that’s going to fully utilize that kind of resolution output. The general consensus amongst gamers is that this is definitely one of the good ones in terms of getting the most out of your gaming. Especially with first-person shooter games where enemies are way more easily identified.
- Excellent, high resolution images
- Very little to no backlight bleed
- Compact size and thin bezel so you’re not dealing with some big clunky piece of equipment
- Tilt, swivel and pivot allows you to arrange the monitor anyway you want for optimum space saving
- Price is significantly less than the earlier U2713H
- Not compatible with earlier computers that use VGA input so make sure your computer is compatible before purchasing.
- Some have reported significant backlight bleed but this seems to be an occasional case here and there. If you do purchase one and you notice a significance problem consider returning it for a non-dud.
What’s This Bad Boy Going To Cost You?If you go to dell.com you can get the U2715H monitor for $599 but you can pick it up on Amazon for as low as $519.99.
So, whether you’re looking for a gaming monitor or just something for the office the Dell U2715H is definitely worth considering.