Our reviews are geared towards guiding you towards robust 27-inch monitors that get the job done. The AOC Q2770PQU 27-inch monitor is one of those PC monitors.
Decently priced with solid imaging the widescreen AOC Q2770PQU is your all-around kind of monitor. Meaning it works well for a plethora of activities with an eye for detail and a solid responsiveness.
AOC Q2770PQU Lowdown
When your shopping for a 27-inch monitor you should be looking for something that has a high resolution, IPS or PLS panel, a decent brightness and universal connectivity. With that kind of set-up you’ll be golden.
You’d think in this day and age all monitors would have that but you’d be surprised. There are a number of companies releasing sub-par monitors with low-resolution, horrible viewing angles and generally junk guts (bad parts).
Let’s cover the specs of the AOC Q2770PQU and show you how it’s not one of these junk 27-inch monitors on the market today.
- 27-inch viewable screen (it’s widescreen by the way)
- It weighs 17.6 pounds
- Resolution is 2,560 x 1,440 (also known as 2K)
- The screen display is backlit by LED
- Brightness is 300 cd/m2 (which is good)
- Response time is 5ms which is pretty good
- Refresh Rate is 60 Hz
- IPS (In-Plane Switching) Panel which is what allows you to view the screen from different angles up to 178 degrees. It also helps with the crispness of the image.
The connectivity situation on the back looks like this:
- 1 Display port 1.2
- 1 HDMI 1.4
- 1 DVI-D Dual Link
- 1 VGA Port
- 4 USB 3.0 ports
So overall the connectivity is pretty universal and allows for several different options. It’s rare that you find a monitor today with these many options in the back.
What’s the AOC Q2770PQU going to work well with?
You can bet on this monitor working well with any applications that require solid imaging. Covering 99.8% of the sRGB color space and with 1440p resolution you can put your money on this bad boy when it comes to delivering a crisp image. In fact, just to show I’m not blowing smoke here, most users will pretty much report that off the bat. The chief positive comment in most user reviews is that the imaging is fantastic.
Beyond crisp images when it comes to gaming you’re going to want more than just great graphics (although that’s important). No, with gaming you’re going to want clean flow of images with no screen tearing and no or minimal “stuttering.” With a 5 ms response time and 60 Hz refresh rate this monitor holds up in the gaming world.
When it comes to watching videos or even video editing, angles become important. With the IPS Panel you won’t have a problem with that. You can view up to 178 degrees horizontally or vertically (that comes in handy if you like to stand above your computer while working on it or if you’re Shaq).
Here’s a list of things the AOC Q2770PQU will work well with:
- Video editing
- Photo editing
- Video watching
- General office or home use (goes without saying)
Pros and Cons
- Crisp images
- Solid response time and refresh rate
- Price ain’t too bad
- – Backlight bleeding. There have been more than one user complaining about backlight bleeding from the corners of the monitor. Best thing to do if you’re a victim of this pain in the butt is to return it for a new monitor. That is not a consistent problem with every single unit but only a few. Just return until you have one with no backlight bleeding.
The AOC Q2770PQU fetches for $699.95 plus shipping (they always get you with the shipping). That’s neither cheap nor expensive when it comes to a really solid 27-inch monitor. It’s definitely worth the investment if you’re looking for something to serve you well that’ll hold up over time. You can purchase this monitor at .
The AOC Q2770PQU is one of the stronger 27-inch monitors on the market right now. With great imaging, connectivity and response time there’s little this monitor can’t do. From gaming to video and photo editing it does it all. I think I even saw it save a child from a burning building once.